Ohio Sports Time

Ohio Sports Time - Ohio sports news and opinions for college and professional sports teams in Ohio. Our mission is to discuss major sports happenings across the state of Ohio. We cover teams like the Cleveland Indians, Cincinnati Reds, Cleveland Browns, Cincinnati Bengals, Cleveland Cavaliers, and Ohio colleges like the Ohio State Buckeyes, Cincinnati Bearcats, all 6 Ohio MAC schools and more. Basically if it's a sport and it's happening in Ohio, Ohio Sports Time is the place to discuss it.

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Busy week of basketball ahead

So it looks like I will be having one heck of a busy week of high school and college basketball ahead of me. After watching girls basketball tournament games the past two Thursdays, I watched the undefeated Pymatuning Valley Lakers boys basketball team extend their record to 21-0 in defeating Newton Falls this evening to warm things up. On Tuesday I will be traveling to Lakeland Community College (Painesville, OH) to see coach Jeremy Huber lead his PV boys against Berkshire in the District Semifinals. Huber is an up-and-coming coach who has gone 39-3 in the past two season with PV after turning around a program that was 2-18 just 5 years ago. Here's hoping for a win over Berkshire and a much-anticipated match-up with Villa-Angela/St. Joseph on Friday night. Wednesday begins one of my favorite events of the year; the Mid-American Conference Tournament. For the second straight season I will be covering the MAC Basketball Tournament for VanDelay Sports, a popular MAC sports fansite. I will be at Quicken Loans arena from noon to about 10 pm on Wednesday and Thursday, then all evening Friday and Saturday for the MAC Championship as well. Hopefully Friday will be a tough decision for me as if the PV boys win they will play for the District Championship Friday night @ 7:30; during the MAC Tourney games. Either way, it's gonna be a full, and fun, week of basketball.

3 Comments:

  • At 3/04/2007, Blogger Joey said…

    Nice work I enjoyed my first visit THE Ohio Sports Time Blog, keep up the good work.

    I had no idea PV was that good and the school is only 20 min away from me, nuts.

     
  • At 3/06/2007, Blogger Luke said…

    Unfortunately the Lakers fell to 21-1 when they lost the District semi-final tonight. Where do you live? Sounds like we're not too far away from each other.

     
  • At 3/09/2007, Blogger Joey said…

    Yeah well can't say I am that disappointed I am a SJP Herald.

    But I live in the fine city of Ashtabula.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home