Ohio College Football Rankings after Week #10 by Ohio Sports Time
2. Ohio 7-3 (5-1 MAC) – What a year for the Bobcats. Frank Solich has guided Ohio to 4 straight wins and the MAC East lead. A win vs. Akron on Nov. 16th an Ohio will clinch the MAC East’s spot in the MAC Championship game and possibly end their 38-year bowl drought.
3. Cincinnati 5-4 (2-2 Big East) – A bye on Nov. 4 for the Beatcats gives them time to prepare for #10 West Virginia this Saturday. Expect the Mountaineers to come out firing coming off their loss to #3 Louisville.
4. Akron 4-5 (2-3 MAC) – All season the feeling has been that Akron is better than their record. A win over Bowling Green proves to be big for the Zips and keeps their slim hopes at a share of the MAC East title alive. Akron hosts Buffalo on TH, Nov. 9 as they look to go to .500 in MAC play.
5. Kent State 5-4 (4-2 MAC) – Someone forgot to tell Kent that after their loss to Ohio they were still tied for 1st in the MAC East and in position to make a good case for a bowl bid. After allowing 38 points in the 2nd half @ Buffalo, Kent State looks a lot like the team we all thought they were coming into 2006. Meanwhile, Phil Steele looks less like the brilliant prognosticator that many were making him out to be for picking Kent to win the MAC East before the 2006 season. Kent travels to face #20 Virginia Tech this weekend in a game that I fear will be ugly.
5. Toledo 3-6 (1-4 MAC) – Toledo travels to Dekalb, IL, to face Northern Illinois on Nov. 7 in a game that is key to NIU’s bowl and MAC West title hopes. With the rivalry that has brewed over the past few years in this match-up, anything can happen despite the poor Toledo record.
7. Miami 1-9 (1-5) – Another week for Miami, another loss. While Miami has played a lot of close games on the year, they just do not seem to have that extra something to pull out the W’s. The RedHawks are @ Bowling Green on Nov. 15th as they look to avoid picking up their 10th loss of the year.
8. Bowling Green 4-6 (3-3 MAC) – Last week I said the following: “I do not care what your record is, if you lose to Temple, at home or on the road, you deserve to be dead last on this list.” I am gonna hold onto that one for another week despite BG playing Akron tough last weekend. BG is off until their Nov. 15 home match-up with Miami.