Ohio College Football Rankings after Week #4
2. Toledo 2-2 (0-1 MAC) – The Rockets followed their impressive win over Kansas with another home win over Division I-AA McNeese State. Toledo will have yet another opportunity to impress as they travel to Pittsburgh to face the Pitt Panthers this weekend.
3. Akron 2-2 (0-1 MAC) – The Zips bounced back from their loss @ CMU with an impressive 33-13 win over North Texas. The annual Akron/Kent rivalry game is set for this weekend as the defending MAC East champion Zips will face the up-and-coming Golden Flashes who come in 2-0 in MAC play.
4. Ohio 2-2 (1-0 MAC) – The Ohio loss @ Missouri should have been closer, but the Tigers proved to be the better team. The Bobcats come home to face Bowling Green this Saturday in a game that will be a nice measuring stick for both teams.
5. Cincinnati 1-3 (0-1 Big East) – The Bearcats gave Virginia Tech all they could handle before falling 29-13 to the 11th ranked Hokies. After leading 10-5 at the half UC saw Virginia Tech score 17 points in the 4th Quarter to gain the victory. The Bearcats will look to avenge their 2005 loss to Miami as the two teams face off this weekend in Cincinnati.
6. Kent State 2-2 (2-0 MAC) – The Golden Flashes’ 38-3 win over BG this weekend is certainly impressive and Kent has two road wins @ Miami and @ Bowling Green in consecutive weeks. Kent comes into their home match-up with Akron at 2-0 in MAC play and in 1st place in the MAC East.
7. Bowling Green 2-2 (1-1 MAC) – After getting thumped by Kent at home, the Falcons may deserve to be dead last in this poll. But Miami’s 0-4 start keeps BG out of the bottom spot. The Falcons travel to Athens to face off with the Ohio Bobcats this weekend.
8. Miami 0-4 (0-1) – Losing to Syracuse 34-14 is not a bad loss, but Syracuse is not a top-level Big East team and a closer game, maybe even an upset, would have been nice. Miami faces another Big East member, the Cincinnati Bearcats this weekend.