Ohio College Football Rankings After Week #6
1. Ohio State Buckeyes - 6-0, 2-0 Big Ten - No doubts that the Buckeyes are #1 in the state as they will hold on to this ranking all season. OSU travels to East Landsing, Michigan to face the MSU Spartans this weekend.
2. Kent State Golden Flashes - 4-2, 3-0 - The Golden Flashes now have won 4 straight after defeating Temple 28-17 this weekend. A home match-up with Toledo will be a true test for Kent this weekend.
3. Cincinnati Bearcats - 3-3, 0-1 Big East - I'll be honest when I say I did not believe the Bearcats were better than most, if not all, of the Ohio MAC schools this season. But wins in Week #5 & 6 over Miami and Akron vault UC into the #3 spot. While the Bearcats are now 3-3 on the season, this weekend's matchup with #8 Louisville will prove to be too much for the Bearcats.
4. Bowling Green Falcons - 3-3, 2-1 MAC - The Falcons had a respectable showing @ Ohio State in their 35-7 loss last week. BG will be pleased to see a major drop-off in their opponents' talent level this week as they face Eastern Michigan this weekend.
5. Ohio Bobcats - 3-3, 2-1 MAC - The Bobcats ended a 3-game losing streak by upsetting the WMU Broncos 27-20 in Athens on Saturday. Ohio will have a chance to make a nice statement for the program and the MAC this weekend as they face the Illinois Fighting Illini this Saturday.
6. Toledo Rockets - 2-4, 0-2 MAC - With a 3-OT loss @ Iowa State and a home win over Kansas, many thought the Rockets would be atop the MAC West again this year. But two losses to MAC West-rivals Western and Central Michigan leave the Rockets at 0-2 in MAC play heading into a road match-up @ Kent State this Saturday.
7. Akron Zips - 2-4, 0-2 MAC - The expectations for the Zips in 2006 were very high, but with a 20-14 loss @ UC on Saturday, Akron drops to 2-4 to start the season. If Akron wants to defend their 2005 MAC Championship and contend in 2006, they're going to need to start getting some wins beginning October 21st against the Miami RedHawks.
8. Miami RedHawks - 0-6, 0-2 MAC - While the RedHawks fell to 0-6 on the season in their 28-25 loss to NIU on Sunday night, this team is not nearly as bad as their record indicates. The RedHawks will look to get their first W of the season on Saturday as they travel to New York to face off with the Buffalo Bulls.